Information Assurance Specialist
Location: Devonport, Plymouth with travel
Required to hold MOD SC Clearance to then achieve DV Clearance in the next 12 months. Candidates must be happy to achieve DV Clearance
An Information Assurance Specialist is required to work for the UK's Leading Engineering Support Services organisation as part of their Marine and Technology Division based in Devonport, Plymouth.
The Information Assurance Specialist will provide support to a range of Information and Communication Technology system design, integration and support projects.
You will be required to;
- Provide up to date HMG/MoD IA policy and governance advice;
- Undertake HMG IS1&2 compliant threat and risk assessment activities;
- Write clear and comprehensive RMADS;
- Provide Security Impact Assessment reports to mitigate specific security vulnerabilities/risks associated with an initial design or design change;
- Develop and manage HMG and MoD compliant technical system architectures;
- Manage the security accreditation for ICT projects;
- Provide IA support to the wider business;
- Provide IA support to support new business development and Major Bids
The successful candidate will have demonstrable experience of Information Assurance and security engineering within the HMG (Her Majestys Government) and MOD environment.
CESG Certified Professional at Practitioner level in either SIRA or IA Architect or undergoing the process
Professional certification of a recognised Information Security body such as CISSP or CISM is preferred.
You will be able to demonstrate the following;
- Working knowledge of HMG guidance to include the Security Policy Framework and Information Assurance Standards, CESG Good Practice Guides and MoD specific standards, in particular the JSP440;
- Experience of developing and writing all parts of RMADS for MoD/HMG ICT systems iaw HMG IS1&2 and CESG GPG47;
- Experience of undertaking threat and technical risk assessments;
- Experience of developing system security architecture compliant with HMG/MoD IA standards;
- Experience of managing system security accreditation iaw HMG/MoD IA standards, including attendance at MoD Security Working Groups as the SME.
Team Player/ Good communicator in both written and oral forms and be able to liaise at all levels
If you are interested in applying for this role, or would like to find out further information please contact Gemma Roberts