Permanent £34,000 - £37,000
We are looking to recruit a HSE Advisor to work on a new permanent opportunity for a FTSE100 Engineering services organisation. The role is working across sites in the South West although it would be advantageous to be located in an area commutable to Yeovil (RNAS Yeovilton).
The organisation provide engineering support to the RAF and the MoD and the purpose of this role will be to review, advise and support the development of HSE arrangements across Air contract sites and operations primarily on MoD Airfields/Bases in the South West Region.
- Assessment of the HS&E arrangements of the Air contracts to understand their risks, management controls and the effectiveness of these controls
- Undertake and/or support Audits and inspections, reports and corrective actions designed to support the contract in meeting its HS&E responsibilities
- Foster a culture of "no accident is acceptable and all accidents are preventable" best practice
- Support as directed by the RHSE Mgr, existing HS&E external certifications (e.g. ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001) through inspections and pre-audits.
- Provide bespoke HS&E awareness training to support operations in managing risks
- Achieve, through monitoring and analysis of HS&E data to identify trends and occurrences and implementing proactive measures, a reduction in the severity and frequency of accident and incidents and increase near miss reporting.
- To review, advise and support the development of HSE arrangements across Air contract sites and operations primarily within the south west region.
- Manage local auditing activities, performance monitoring and analysis and contract feedback and support to help focus on incident cause and reduction
Knowledge, Qualification and Experience:
- The successful candidate would be expected to have a NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent preferred) - or expectation to work towards it
- Membership of an appropriate H&S professional. Chartered level is preferred however Grad membership level as a minimum with substantial evidence of progress is acceptable
- Membership of an equivalent environmental professional Body is desirable
- Previous experience of conducting H&S&E audits is required; ideally as a lead auditor. (Experience of auditing against certificated mgmt systems (14001, 18001, and 9001) is desirable)
- HS&E Adviser experience of working with public or private commercial organisations
- Previous experience in facilities management and/or construction sites is highly desirable
- Ability to apply continuous improvement techniques within the working environment
- Computer literate (Office based applications)
What's on offer?
- Starting salary £34000 - £37000
- Company vehicle
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays
- Flexible working hours
- Contribution Pension Scheme
- Share Save Scheme
- Staff Discounts on Shopping (incl Car Hire, Holidays etc)