A new and exciting opportunity has arisen for a Mechanical Engineer to maintain HP Air Systems and Compression Chambers as part of a FTSE 100 Organisation based in Gosport.
* Is to be responsible for the safe operation and maintenance of the High and low Pressure Air ring-main and portable air compressors at the DDS (Horsea Island), Dive Tenders, Whale Island and Wyke Regis and TMCC Compression Chamber to standards laid down in the Planned Maintenance Schedule (P.M.S.), to record the maintenance carried out, report all defects, material shortcomings and design deficiencies on such equipment.
* To assist in the planned maintenance, defect rectification and upkeep of ancillary diving equipment in support of Diver training courses
* To ensure that any work undertaken on the high pressure systems is carried out I.A.W. current safety practices.
* To act as custodian for all HP air systems Written Scheme of Examination (WSE) and present to the Competent Person at the annual examination.
* Assist in maintaining documentation
* Ensure company health, safety and environmental procedures are implemented and complied with at all times - mirroring those needed for Navy life
Qualifications and Requirements
* Previous experience of working with HP Air.
* Ability to learn and pass courses associated with the job.
* ONC in Mechanical Engineering
* High Degree of Attention to Detail - carrying out equipment examinations and testing.
* Good Health and Safety ethos - working with HP air equipment.
* Mature and Sensible individual - health and safety ethos.
* Mechanical Engineer/Technician.
* Experience of fault finding, diagnosing and repairing mechanical equipment.
* Qualified academically or vocationally to a minimum of ONC or equivalent in relevant subject matter
* Physically able to enter and work in Confined Spaces.
What's on offer?
* Excellent Training
* On-Site Parking
* World Class Facilities
Successful applicants will be required to obtain UK MOD security clearance prior to appointment
For further information or a confidential discussion please apply now or call Rebecca Smolinska on 0117 9309 727.