Health, Safety and Environmental Manager
Location: Woking, Surrey
Salary: up to 46,000 + bonus, full benefits package (private medical and dental cover, contributory pension, 25 days AL, etc.)
Health, Safety and Environmental Manager - this exciting opportunity has just become available with a global leading pharmaceuticals manufacturing company, with excellent reputation within the industry.
In this role, you will ensure accurate reporting of events and regular measurement of strategies and platforms to drive continuous improvement in our HSE culture, and put in place strategies, policies and initiatives to deliver proactive health and safety behaviours which enable employees to deliver high levels of HSE outcomes in an environment of strict legislative and regulatory requirements.
- Manage all activities relating to Health, Safety and Environment for the site.
- Develop a Risk Map of all activities on the site and perform a gap analysis of current and desired HSE performance.
- Ensure that the site is compliant with EU/UK legislation and implement new policies as appropriate.
- Liaise will all external agencies (PI, EA and HSE etc) as per various licences (SAPO, EA permit, Management agreement and Hazardous waste etc).
- Implement HSE continuous improvement processes.
- Organize and lead projects to improve the overall performance of the HSE team in terms of productivity, flexibility, compliance and costs.
- Financial responsibility for HSE spending to include monitoring and control.
- Ensure you are ready for and take the lead as required for any internal/external audits relating to HSE.
- Update via a formal change control process, a documented site HSE system comprising of (HSE policy, HSE procedures /manual, Risk assessments, Standard Operating Practices, Training materials and Training records).
REQUIRED SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Candidate must be an accredited chartered IOSH/Grad IOSH professional.
- Recognised Environmental certification desirable
- Previous experience in an operational health and safety role and a track record of success in delivering HSE improvement projects
- A strong and persuasive communicator, with the ability to work effectively at both executive level and with general staff audiences
If you are interested in this opportunity, please contact Tanya Georgieva at your earliest convenience.