Health Economist (Senior), to £95k, London or Maidenhead
Health Economist (Senior) required by a leading life sciences consulting firm to develop and lead a new Health Economics and Outcomes Research (HEOR) team and related capabilities. To £95k + benefits . Office based in London or Maidenhead.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Health Economist to lead, develop and grow a new HEOR team and related capabilties within a successful organisation with a strong existing client base. Key duties include:
- HEOR Business Development with existing and new clients- identify and develop opportunities, tender and proposal completion, relationship development & management
- Appointment and line management of HEOR team
- Day to day HEOR project leadership and management
- Design and develop economic models
- Coordination of targeted and systematic literature reviews
- Review of clinical effectiveness, quality-of-life and economic evidence for HTA and reimbursement dossiers and provision of gap analysis
- Design and conduct evidence synthesis: direct meta-analyses and Bayesian mixed treatment comparisons
- Design and conduct statistical analyses on large observational datasets (Pharmetrics, SDI, CPRD, RealHealth Data, MarketScan): treatment pathways in clinical practice, patient characterization, resource utilization and healthcare costs in a real-world setting
- Draft conference abstract and posters, and manuscripts for peer-reviewed journals
The successful Health Economist will have a health or pharma background with extensive experience of:
- Health economics and outcomes research studies including:
- Cost-effectiveness, cost-benefit and cost minimisation analysis
- Budget Impact modelling
- Burden of Illness analysis
- Developing, designing, appraising, validating and communicating decision analytical models fit for multiple audiences (health technology appraisal, payer interactions, policy models).
- Real world evidence, epidemiology, evidence synthesis, quality of life assessment and related statistical analysis
- Leading health economists, statisticians and mathematicians in the de novo development and adaptation of models designed to meet the needs of project stakeholders and/or customers
The successful Health Economist will also have the following technical capabilities:
- Ability to conceptualise, build, review and appraise decision analytical models including decision tree, cohort-based Markov models and systems dynamic models
- Application of probabilistic sensitivity analysis (second-order Monte Carlo simulations) and the direct application of numerical analytical techniques within economic models
- Ability to draft pharmacoeconomic subsections of manufacturer submission dossiers to the Scottish Medicines Consortium (SMC), All-Wales Medicines Strategy Group (AWMSG) and European Network for Health Technology Assessment (EUnetHTA).
- Extensive experience of Microsoft Excel and Visual Basic for Applications programming language
To apply for this Health Economist position, please follow the link below. Refer someone you know and we will give you up to £230 in "love to shop" vouchers if they are recruited to the role (ask them to mention your name).
Due to the volume of applications we receive we apologise if we are unable to reply to all unsuccessful applications for this Health Economist position. However, we endeavour to give feedback to all candidates whose CV's meet the client's initial criteria, at each stage of the process.
Keywords: Health Economist, HEOR, Team Leadership, Capability Development, Business Development, Life science, pharma, healthcare