Head of Procurement - Engineering
Permanent £75,000 - £90,000 + Car + Bonus
We are looking to recruit a Head of Procurement for a new position for a UK based engineering business. The role will have a UK remit, but based in the North West.
The role will be accountable for defining and executing the Divisional Procurement and supply chain strategy in relation to the Engineering Services business this includes
The Head of Procurement will manage both a Divisional Category team, with the emphasis on delivering value, and a business unit focused operational Procurement team with an emphasis on providing day-to-day Procurement support to the business.
Key responsibilities and objectives
- Delivering tangible, bottom-line benefits to the Division arising from Division-wide Category management of expenditure.
- Supporting the delivery of business unit objectives through the provision of excellent operational Procurement support.
- Providing leadership and direction to both the Category and operational Procurement teams, as well as maintaining a strong presence amongst the wider Divisional and Group Procurement function.
- Develop and manage Procurement strategies that maximise value for the business, based on understanding the business needs and the supply market potential.
- Oversee the execution of the strategy, including negotiating and contracting with suppliers, evaluating on-going contract and supplier performance.
- Establish clear objectives for both Category and Operational team members and set early expectations of high standards, pace and high performance.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with executive level stakeholders.
What you'll need?
- Business, Finance, Supply Chain Management or Engineering degree.
- MCIPS or equivalent professional qualification
- Extensive experience in a senior Strategic Sourcing or Category Management role
- Deep Category knowledge of the Engineering Services Category
- Track record of delivering procurement savings against targets
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiating and influencing skills;
- Highly commercial, with a proven ability to use Procurement to unlock value for the business
- Team management and leadership skills
What's on offer?
- Starting salary £75,000 - £90,000 per annum
- Performance related bonus
- Company vehicle / car allowance
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays