Head of Generics UK (Pharmaceutical) - Lead and manage the achievement of sales and profit objectives of the Generics portfolio. This will be achieved by developing short and long term go-to-market, marketing, sales and portfolio strategies.
The role utilises broad experience across UK pharma market, generic competitors, the generic portfolio and customer base to pro-actively identify and deliver strategies that will deliver additional opportunities for growth and support the General Medicines leadership team to develop their strategic direction.
- Planning & performance of Generics - In conjunction with the Head of Sales define the sales strategies, targets and KPI's for the KAMs to enable achievement of the agreed sales and profit targets
- Generics Strategy - Develop go-to-market strategy for Generics UK in conjunction with Franchise
- Supporting the performance of the KAMs - To monitor competitor pricing / commercial terms and to recommend pricing strategy/trading conditions including: Competitor intelligence, customer contact, internal liaison, developing pricing strategy, all in line with financial sales and profit targets.
- Marketing and promotional activities - Develop, together with the KAM team, customer focused / customer specific promotional / added value campaigns for all portfolio, to maximise sales and profit opportunities
- Supply chain and forecasting activities - Evaluate account management customer sales forecasts to ensure they are in line with required levels to achieve quarterly sales and profit targets
- Understanding and experience of the generics within the market together with commercial knowledge of both the retail and wholesale market
- Good understanding of Portfolio Building, In-Licensing and New Product Launches
- Excellent computer literacy and ability to create and use financial and market models
- Ability to persuade and progress projects through other people over whom there is no direct line management control
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Excellent project management skills
- Ability to interpret market data and identify new potential business opportunities both short term and long term
- Company Bonus
- 25 days Annual leave + Bank Holidays
- Private Medical Insurance
- Private Dental Cover
- Life Assurance
- Critical Illness Cover
- Childcare Vouchers
- Share Incentive Plan