Head of Engineering Operations & Services
£55-65k plus bonus, car and package
Experis are recruiting on behalf of a leading UK Defence & Security organisation for an experienced Operations Manager with a background in Engineering to join their team in Gloucestershire to be the lead for Engineering Operations and Services delivery.
The main responsibilities for this role are as follows -
- Ensure that all Engineering Operations & Services meet contractual and compliance obligations
- Ensure all Engineering Projects are effectively managed through the Prime Contract Support Office
- Provide effective project delivery in accordance with governance process
- Act in a project sponsor capacity to larger projects to manage the expectation of the Customer/s
- Compile the Engineering Operations and Services cost model, deliver the services and associated maintenance task requests, ensure the budgeted revenue and margin is recognised and contractual KPI's are satisfied
- Build key relationships within the Customer community; particularly site based and Service Owners
- Develop and build an effective Engineering Operational Services and Projects team
- Support other parts of the business through provision of Subject Matter Experts; as required
- Ensure Engineering Managers, Team Leads and Supervisors deliver their individual budgets
The successful candidate will display the following skills and experience -
- Achieved a recognised degree level or HNC / HND qualification in Engineering and worked at a mid-seniority, operational management level for at least 5 years
- Over 7 years experience in a project management environment within a prime contractor or systems integrator
- Thorough knowledge of Health & Safety policy and regulation and ideally have achieved a a recognised qualification
- Proven track record of running Engineering Operations within the UK Government Defence & Security Sector
- Highly commercial mindset, ultimately making the transition into full P&L management
- Able to construct, review and develop a set of requirements and acceptance criteria for the customer and suppliers
- Be able to build, motivate, develop and lead teams
- This role requires the attainment and retention of UK DV clearance status
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced operational manager with an engineering background currently working within the UK Government Defence & Security Sector to join a leading Security organisation to drive forward their Engineering Operations and Service offering.
If you feel you have the necessary skills and experience required for this role then I would like to hear from you. Please apply online or send your CV directly or contact me directly on 0131 558 4809 for further details and full job specification.
Please note this role will require the attainment if not already held of UK Developed Vetting Security Clearance - please ensure that you are aware of the requirements and background checks in relation to this level of security clearance before applying.