Head of Business Development x 2 (oil and gas and commercial marine) - FTSE 100 Organisation £70,000 - £80,000 + 30% Bonus + package.
I am recruiting on behalf of a FTSE 100 Engineering Organization and market leader in providing Critical engineering support across a diverse range of sectors, including Marine, Defence, Aviation, Nuclear and Rail. These two roles are to focus on managing business winning activity across the commercial marine or Oil and Gas markets.
Reporting to the Business Development Director, the Head of Business Development is responsible for all day to day business development activities as well as being an integral member of the Business Development management team to achieve the organisations strategic objectives and growth plans.
Main Purpose of Role
- Engage and support the development of the business strategies to drive increased revenue and profit to achieve current and future budgets.
- Work as part of the management team to plan and coordinate the implementation of the business plan.
- To develop people, process and systems to be in the best position to penetrate new markets.
- Work with the Head of Strategy & Intelligence to conduct competitor and market analysis in order to determine current market conditions and potential opportunities.
- Work with internal marketing resource to develop a strategic and operational marketing plan to promote our commercial marine capability effectively and efficiently.
- To identify, research and target relevant clients within the sector
- Build and maintain relationships with key, influential individuals within the target sectors.
- Identify and propose potential partners and sub-contractors to improve the organisation's competitive position.
- Assist Head of Strategy & Intelligence in preparing campaign plans, establishing and monitoring the pipeline for key tenders and assisting the bid team to successfully win the work.
- Work with the Head of Strategy & Intelligence to develop and build capture plans for all compliant opportunities.
- Experience of working with senior management to align strategies and solutions.
- Experience of working in a corporate/business focused environment
- Commercially and financially astute.
- Good knowledge of the market segments
- Good knowledge of the offshore support services market
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Proven record of successfully pitching for new business.
- Proven record of increasing revenue through generation of leads
- Good analytical skills with emphasis on markets and financials.
- Works well in partnership with internal and external key stakeholders
- Fosters teamwork and collaboration
- Sound judgement
- Possesses excellent drive, enthusiasm and commitment.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a market leading organisation at a senior level and make a notable difference to the success of the business. If you are a high calibre, career focused Business Development professional and would like to know more, please get in touch for a confidential discussion. or 0117 9309 726