Group Leader (Environmental Trials Capability)
PERMANENT, £50-57K PER ANNUM (DOE), HAMPSHIRE / WORCESTERSHIRE / BRISTOL / SALISBURY
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Senior Manager to join a leading Global Defence Technology & Security Organisation as a Group Leader (Environmental Trials Capability). This role sits within the Engineering & Operations business unit of the company.
You will be responsible for ensuring that the business demand is satisfied by the delivery of safe and efficient operations for all of the facilities under your control. These include a variety of Environmental Test facilities throughout the UK.
In Addition, you will be responsible for the capability and capacity of your facilities to meet the performance objectives as defined by the Head of Complex Weapons (Test & Evaluation).
- Capability: Responsible for managing appropriate facilities for the Head of Complex Weapons (T&E) and ensuring that it is fit for purpose for the short and long term requirements of the business. Instilling a continuous improvement culture across responsibilities.
- Capacity: Collaborating with key leaders across the business to ensure that the capacity of your specified group matches the agreed demand.
- Culture: Develop an effective environment that facilitates vibrant and collaborative teams in line with the business' leadership behaviours and values.
- Change: Accountable for ensuring a smooth transition to the new organisational model, leading members of your skill group through the change.
- Technical Expertise: Work as a key technical expert within programmes improving business delivery through technical excellence by acting as a trusted advisor, mentor and key contributor to the businesses.
- Company Collaboration: Through partnership and communication, work across business and functional boundaries to create collaborative working relationships.
- Professional Development: Recognised as a leader internally with colleagues and in the external market, demonstrate progression against professional competencies. Driving a culture of continuous professional development within the profession.
- A leader with Senior Management experience in a similar environment (large team, diverse facilities etc.)
- A proven track record of delivering safe, maintained and efficient facility operations.
- Leadership & capability development of large teams and developing staff.
- Senior stakeholder engagement and management.
- Change Management experience with a strategic mindset.
- Safety capability and awareness.
- Continuous improvement & problem solving skills.
- An understanding of some Environmental Test Capability (ETC) Systems.
- A technical background (engineering, scientific etc.)
If you are successful, you will be subject to Ministry of Defence security clearance.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this opportunity and feel you meet the requirements, apply online today to be considered for an interview.