I am currently working with a rapidly growing Hotel Group. This is a family owned business with a great success story already and realistically looking to grow from £2million to £20million in the next few years. They are now seeking a Group Financial Controller to take over the day to day running of finance, managing a Management Accountant and the onsite Hotel Accountants. This is a great opportunity to be hands on within an ambitious SME.
The main responsibilities include (but will not be limited to):
- Financial controls, policies, procedures and systems;
- Monthly management accounting (P+L, Balance Sheet, Cashflow and KPIs);
- Actuals, Budgets, Forecasts and Variance Analysis;
- Sales and management reporting, including reconciliations, ledgers, banking and treasury;
- Business partnering with General Managers to increase sales and reduce costs;
- Detailed analysis including labour etc;
- Working capital management;
- Financial appraisals of new hotels - acquisitions and constructions;
- Supplier negotiations, contracts and cost management;
- Group submissions of VAT, payroll taxes and compliance with payment deadlines.
The successful candidate will be a qualified accountant (ACCA, ACA, CIMA) and have previous mutli-site experience either within Retail, Hotels or Restaurants. This is a fantastic opportunity for a strong all round and hands on finance professional.
Please be advised all applicants must have the right to work in the UK
Due to expected number of applicants, only successful applicants will be contacted.