Graphics Engineer - Software Engineer - OpenGL - OpenGL ES
A world leading Aerospace company require a Graphics Software Engineer to work on the Graphical design on an Advanced Technology project focussed on aircraft flight decks.
The applicant will be working within an existing team which has a core of software staff with graphics backgrounds (in an aviation context). We are looking to supplement this graphics experience and welcome applicants with experience from other industries (automotive, gaming) with the flexibility to apply their skills in a safety-related environment. The work will be primarily hands-on development, progressing a development graphics platform. This is a development phase so the priority is to deliver lab-demonstrable features and capability (rather than achieving flightworthy code). Part of the team is located in Europe so there is an element of working with virtual teams.
- Experience working in a 3D graphical environment
- Experience with Open GL / Open ES
- Working knowledge of Vertex shaders and vector graphics.
- A background in gaming engines would be advantageous.
- Familiarity with Rational Rhapsody would be beneficial.
- Aviation experience is not essential but areas of knowledge that would reduce familiarisation time include ARINC 661 Cockpit Display systems, ARINC 653 Operating Systems (e.g. VxWorks653) and Safety Critical profiles of the OpenGL standard.