Goods Inwards Quality Inspector - Bristol
Are you looking to secure your next role and want to work for an employer who will value your contribution and work with you to further your career?
A leading FTSE 100 defence services organisation in Bristol has an opening for a Goods Inward Quality Inspector to join them on a permanent basis. The Inspector will be responsible for the inspection of incoming deliveries to the site at Bristol and to verify compliance with relevant purchase order, drawings, standards and technical documentation.
This is a permanent, full time position.
- Verification of product arriving into the company.
- Completion of all relevant quality inspection reports.
- Reporting transit damage feeding back any issues relating to loading/transport to QA/Supply Chain and the supplier.
- Raise supplier rejects for non-conforming product detected at the goods-in stage.
- Liaise with Suppliers to help resolve queries when required.
- Support Supplier Quality Engineers where appropriate.
- Co-operate with management to meet the employer's legal duties and take reasonable care of their own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by their acts or omissions.
- Support quality activities within project timelines.
Required Skills and Experience / Qualifications
- Experience working in an inspection environment.
- Engineering background with sound metrology skills.
- An engineering background with a firm knowledge of metrology.
- Use of basic inspection, test and measuring equipment.
- Ability to operate a FARO Gauge with Aberlink software and produce reports.
- Familiar with general inspection techniques and their appropriate selection.
- Able to read and interrogate engineering drawings including geometric dimensioning and tolerancing.
- Familiar with general non-conformance processes.
- Previous experience within the defence industry is preferable but not essential.
- Eligible for Baseline Clearance
What's on offer?
- Competitive Salary
- Pension Scheme
- Employee Share Ownership Plan
- 33 days holiday inclusive of Bank Holidays
- Flexitime Scheme
- Training and Development programme
- On-site parking
- Flexible benefits
If you would like to be considered for the aforementioned position please submit an application or contact Tom Dugmore on 0117 9309 775