Experis is currently working on an exclusive, retained basis with a Leading Charity tackling global poverty. They are searching for a Head of Finance / Global Finance Director for a 6 month period with the potential of becoming permanent. This position forms part of their Senior Management Team and partners the CEO with running this c.2000 employee global business.
The main responsibilities include (but will not be limited to):
- To develop long-term vision and action planning to achieve significant positive impact on financial management across the organisation in MA Headquarters and Overseas Country Offices.
- To represent the organisation in the charity sector and manage and influence significant external relationships across programmes.
- To manage organisational resources including institutional funds from extended organisation's and partners.
- To address diverse and complex problems within organisational parameters.
- To face off to the Charities Commission and ensure a strong process and controls environment.
- To lead the organisation's budget and financial planning, provide periodic financial analysis and management reports to Trustees.
This will initially be a very hands on role ensuring rigorous processes and controls are in place, overseeing a UK team of junior accountants and an experience Finance Manager, as well as work more closely with their field offices and overseas finance teams (primarily Asia based). The successful candidate will be a qualified accountant with strong charity sector experience and knowledge of SORP as well as be very commercially and strategically focussed
Please be advised all applicants must have the right to work in the UK