Our Newcastle based government client are seeking experienced Front End Developers to join their team on an initial 3 month contract.
- Build, deploy and operate outstanding digital services within an agile environment that meet well-defined user needs
- Deliver application designs that meet web standards, ensuring that key elements are built in from the outset
- Collaborate with Design specialists to translate designs into high quality websites, apps, HTML emails, and interactive experiences
- Contribute to the development and continual enhancement of products
- Partner with Product Managers, Design specialists, Business Analysts and Software Developers to facilitate a consistent user experience.
- Participate in the rapid development of user-driven digital prototypesWork in cross-functional teams to write and test production quality, sustainable code for world-class user interfaces for new and existing systems
- Ensure that new and updated digital services are thoroughly tested for accessibility and can be maintained and improved over the long-term.
- Provide mentorship and/or line management for more junior Front-end developers where necessary.
- Contribute to a culture of continual improvement in which key systems "owned" by your digital service team are regularly analysed, maintained and improved.
- Contribute to a robust automated test suite to work in a continuous integration environment.
- Become involved in the wider web development community (outside of client and the government), building relationships with other front-end developers and identifying best practices we can adopt
- Sharing knowledge of tools and techniques with technical and non-technical team members in the wider digital team and across government.
- Proven experience in the use and implementation of modern front end web programming techniques
- Understanding of the use of responsive web design
- Demonstrable experience of back end programming including Java
- Good understanding of web technologies & protocols
- Demonstrable ability to communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience
- Demonstrable ability to quickly research and learn new programming tools and techniques
- Experience with different front end web programming languages (e.g. HTML5, CSS3, AJAX, REST, JSON)
- Experience working on large scale web initiatives
- Experience of back-end programming languages such as Scala, Python, Ruby
- Experience with automated testing and continuous integration solutions such as Jenkins, junit, Selenium
- Experience developing and using web-based APIs (especially HTTP REST-based APIs)
- Experience with web frameworks such such as Django, Ruby on Rails, Play Framework, Google Guice, Spring
- Experience with open source solutions and community
- Experience working on technical projects within an agile team
- Experience presenting work at user groups and conferences
- Experience of building and scaling high-traffic websites
- Knowledge of the use of version control systems such as git or subversion
Candidates should submit their CV in the first instance.