A well-established and growing Fintech business is currently recruiting a Financial Controller to join their landmark City Head Office. Due to the growth of the business they now need to bring in a deputy to the Finance Director to oversee day to day management of the finance function and service a number of other teams, particularly sales & marketing.
The main responsibilities include (but will not be limited to):
- Hands on management of full finance function including;
- Month end/quarter end close process: production of accruals, prepayments, fixed assets, AR/AP ledger and inter-company reconciliations and the ability to perform group consolidations including foreign subsidiaries
- Forecasting, budgeting and planning.
- Data analysis and commentary: review of financial data to ensure general ledger is complete and accurate (costs are accrued and prepaid as appropriate and revenue is accurately reported) and the production of quarter end commentaries.
- Production of local UK statutory filings: VAT returns and other HMRC filings.
- Reconciliations between current accounting systems and local accountants for foreign subsidiaries. This will include liaising with foreign accountants to resolve reconciling differences.
- Process and systems development: take the lead in systems projects to develop existing systems and implement new systems to enhance control, efficiency and value of finance function.
- Production of relevant information and audit schedules as part of the audit process including financial statements preparation.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a ACA, ACCA or CIMA candidate with strong technical experience and previous subscription business experience. A strong working knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics is also a advantageous.
Please be advised all applicants must have the right to work in the UK
Due to expected number of applicants, only successful applicants will be contacted.