Job Title: Financial Accounting Manager
Duration: up to 12 Months
My client, an International Development Charity have a requirement for a Financial Accounting Manager to join their finance team. The Financial Accounting Manager will be responsible for ensuring that all financial transactions are recorded in a complete, accurate and timely manner, in accordance with the respective accounting standards.
- Implement and manage an effective month end and year end accounting close process.
- Develop and maintain the year end financial consolidation model.
- Draft UK and consolidated financial statements in line with SORP.
- Prepare the required information for the annual external audit, support the auditors throughout the cycle to ensure prompt completion.
- Assess financial controls, policies, procedures and systems. Both formulate and implement improvements.
- Continuously assess financial risk, ensure adequate controls are in place to mitigate risk.
- Ensure that all statutory returns, such as VAT, PAYE/NI and Gift aid are submitted.
- Prepare and review all balance sheet reconciliations to ensure completeness and accuracy.
- Review monthly financial statements, highlighting any risks and opportunities, in order to strengthen the financial position and performance of the organisation.
- Treasury responsibility, including cash flow forecast and management of currencies.
- Work with the financial planning and analysis team to ensure chart of accounts are consistent with organisational requirements.
- Complete and submit annual returns to the Charity Commission.
- Any other duties commensurate with the accountabilities of the post.
Qualified Accountant (ACCA, CIPFA, CIMA, ACA or equivalent).
Knowledge and Experience
- People management.
- Track record of improving financial systems.
- Proven track record of financial consolidation.
- Prior experience of financial system development and implementation.
- Knowledge of financial legislation in respect of charities
- Knowledge of Gift Aid
- Knowledge of PAYE
- Drafting financial policies and procedures
- Month end and year end close process