My client, a market leading engineering /manufacturing company, is currently seeking a Financial Accountant to join their newly formed 'Centre of Excellence', based in Cheltenham.
Candidates should ideally be immediately available.
The role is a critical part of the Accounting Centre of Excellence in Europe. The initial remit of the Financial Accountant will be to transform allocated tasks under their remit to the Global Operations CoE and to own, plan & execute the transition to GE's new Enterprise Standard Chart of Accounts in the strategic ERPs. In this role you are also responsible for ensuring the US GAAP balances and transactions are accounted for consistently, compliantly and as efficiently as possible across all European entities.
This role is required to maintain detailed understanding of the balance sheet, management of the more technical areas, ensure all risks and opportunities on the balance sheet are identified and managed accordingly and assisting in identifying and eliminating accounting differences across sites, define best practice and support the general controllership process of each.
You will not only be responsible for the existing work under the CoE's remit, but be a critical part of the growth of the CoE as it transforms additional sites in Europe.
· Manage and complete the transformation of tasks within your remit to the Global Operations team
· Own, plan & execute key strategic projects including implementation of the new Enterprise Standard Chart of Accounts, transferring GL balances & Pillar Applications from legacy GL systems to the strategic ERP, simplifying and standardising Engineering processes
· Responsible for the process design, accounting & controls for a number of balances
· Supporting the European Accounting CoE and Global Operations teams at month ends and quarter ends
· Thoroughly analyse & understand balance sheet to drive operating performance
· Retain ownership of complex monthly and quarterly Balance Sheet Reconciliations
· Ad hoc reporting requirements as required
· Self starter who can demonstrate the ability to work as part of a team and on their own initiative. You must be able to show you can pick up new challenges and run with them with little supervision
· Flexible work style, ability to work under pressure. Be able to work to tight deadlines and adapt your working patterns accordingly
· Be able to show you can develop strong cross functional relationships & networks in order to complete your work
· Willing to travel when required
· Familiar with UK (IFRS basis) and US GAAP
· Sound technical background including good grasp of foreign exchange
· Ability to recognise the need for, and drive, process improvements and efficiencies
· Degree qualified or equivalent
· Fully qualified professional accountant (CIMA/ACCA/ACA), ideally with experience working in practice
· Experience of manufacturing environment
· Experience of Oracle
· Advanced Microsoft Excel skills