Location: Coventry (WFH for the foreseeable).
We are actively looking to secure a Financial Accountant to join Experis as one of our expert consultants, delivering services to our clients.
Experis Consultancy is a Global entity with a well-established team with over 1000 consultants on assignment across 20 clients globally. Our UK operation is growing and has very aggressive plans for expansion over the coming years. We form part of the Manpower group of companies that turn over $20 billion a year collectively.
- Contributory pension scheme
- Enhanced Life Insurance Cover
- Employee Assistance Program
- Enhanced Accident Insurance
- 22 days holiday + bank holidays
- Sick pay
Our Client are a European electric utility company and runs one of the world's largest investor-owned electric utility service providers.
We are seeking an experienced Financial Accountant to join our Client within a team, to support various day to day elements of accounting of various businesses including B2B Solutions. The role will be interacting regularly with the businesses in the UK.
- Responsible for the timeliness and accuracy of the financial statements for the businesses which have been prepared. This is for monthly, quarterly and annual positions.
- Develop strong working relationships to ensure that there is a strong and full knowledge of the various businesses within UK with a view to converting this into the consequent impact on financial systems.
- Preparation of any supplemental information required on a quarterly basis for the Centre of Competence.
- Ensure that information provided by the businesses is validated and challenged prior to being processed by the Shared Service Centre.
- Production of the statutory accounts including disclosures.
- Provision of tax pack related information to the Tax team.
- Completion of any other external related reporting
- Ensure that the financial statements are technically correct and in accordance with the accounting manual and International Financial Reporting Standards.
- Support the implementation of process improvements, ensuring that they remain effective and efficient.
- Provision of technical accounting advice.
- Ensure that the accounting ledgers are compliant with UK tax requirements (Corporation tax, VAT, PAYE etc).
Scope of decision making:
The post holder is able to make day to day decisions with regards to:
- Challenging the business on accounting principles
- Application of accounting rules to business transactions
- Escalation of key matters to the Head of Accounting
- A degree or equivalent level qualification
- A relevant professional accounting qualification (CIMA, ACCA, ACA).
- Practical post qualification experience.
- Commercial awareness.
- Good technical accounting skills
- Proactive approach to problem solving
- Excellent numerical and analytical skills with the ability to interpret data
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build strong working relationships
- Strong knowledge of SAP Accounting systems and processes
- Flexibility to work to tight timescales
- A desire for continuous improvement
- IT literate, with Excel being a prerequisite
If you have the above skills, please submit your CV in the first instance.