Our Client a Global Insurance Company are recruiting for a Finance Test Analyst for a 6 month contract to be responsible for carrying out functional /non functional testing of delivered solutions for allocated projects.
The suitable person needs to ensure that testing is carried out to the standards defined in the Company Finance Test Policy and to ensure that the testing complies with Audit and Regulatory standards.
This role will be Ipswich based.
The Finance Test Analyst performs testing on allocated projects and assists transient resource to ensure appropriate training and on the job support. This will also involve working closely with other test teams to ensure the quality of the overall test project deliverable.
Skills, knowledge and behaviour
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Good knowledge of a wide range of common office software.
- Detailed understanding of relevant test / project management - tools / techniques & lifecycles.
- Planning & organisation skills.
We would also like
- A good understanding of the Insurance Industry or working within financial services.
- ISEB/ISTQB Foundation in Software Testing or equivalent, or a willingness to obtain.
- Awareness of the functionality of leading applications as appropriate to location.
Test Planning and Design
- Assist in the estimation process for testing projects
- Perform static testing techniques on project documentation
- Build understanding of the agreed testing requirements and review design documentation for allocated projects
- Create reusable test assets for allocated projects
- Identify and create test data for allocated projects
- Assist with building test schedules and metrics for allocated projects
- Execute tests, log results, raise defects with the appropriate level of information and report on progress for small, medium and large scale projects
- Execute all allocated project test phase activities to time, budget and quality and in line with regulatory, legislative and UKIT standards
- Assist the test lead in the delivery of all identified test phase activities
- Identify and manage project risks
Reporting & Progress
- Contribute to the production of management reporting for allocated projects
People & Capability
- Build good relationships with the project team to ensure the testing phases run efficiently
- Build good relationships with other test teams within the company
- Assist with the training and support of seconded resource and feedback on performance
- Capable of performing a Test Lead role for small to medium sized projects
- Establish strong working relationships with the IT Test teams
- Support the Finance Test Manager in initiatives to improve the efficiency of the end to end testing processes
- Produce or revise training documentation for systems and associated test processes
Interested candidates should submit their CV in the first instance.