My client is a well known Engineering company based in Cheltenham.
They are currently seeking a Finance Manager to join their newly created Centre of Excellence on a 12 month contract role.
Due to the urgency of the role, only candidates with a notice period of a week or less will be considered.
The role is a critical part of the Accounting Centre of Excellence in Europe reporting into the Accounting CoE Leader. The European Accounting CoE Work Stream Leader will be responsible for ensuring the US GAAP balances and transactions under their remit are accounted for consistently, compliantly and as efficiently as possible across all European entities under the CoE's remit. You should be able to engage with your customers to be a trusted Finance partner by identifying balance sheet opportunities & proactively managing risk. You will need to form close relationships, often international, and be able to leverage relationships both within Aviation and further afield, both within and outside of Finance, in order to deliver.
You will not only be responsible for the existing work under the CoE's remit, but be a critical part of the growth of the CoE as it transforms additional sites in Europe. You will be an essential part of building the shared services centre and ensuring they grow to become a world class accounting and finance function.
· Responsible for the process design, accounting & controls for a number of balances of the sites managed by the European Accounting CoE
· Engage with a broad range of Finance teams, including other CoEs, business partners and on occasion operational teams in order to ensure the balances under your control are accounted for consistently, compliantly and as efficiently as possible
· Supporting the European Accounting CoE and Global Operations teams at month ends and quarter ends to close the books in the most efficient manner possible
· Act as a key part of the development of the Global Operations teams, guiding, mentoring and influencing where required
· Produce consolidated quarterly balance sheet commentaries for review by P&L leaders and Controllership
· Thoroughly analyse & understand balance sheet to drive operating performance in the business, identify opportunities and associated risks
· Produce & review monthly/quarterly reconciliations of local ledgers to reported US GAAP ledgers
· Leverage your teams for the preparation and review of monthly and quarterly Balance Sheet Reconciliations
· Write & consult on technical papers & proposals where required on arising accounting matters
· Management of staff under your control
· Ad hoc reporting requirements as required
· Fully qualified professional accountant (CIMA/ACCA/ACA) with post qualification experience in a large company
· Degree qualified or equivalent
· Strong background in Financial Accounting
· Experienced in managing or influencing teams/individuals
· Self starter who can demonstrate the ability to work as part of a team and on their own initiative.
· Flexible work style and ability to work under pressure.
· Be able to work to tight deadlines and adapt your working patterns accordingly
· Sound technical background including good grasp of foreign exchange
· Familiar with IFRS and US GAAP
· Flexibility to travel internationally where required
· Proven record working within a manufacturing and/or engineering environment
· Demonstrable past in writing technical papers or recommending Financial Accounting treatments to real life situations and transactions
· Ability to anticipate, identify and resolve financial issues.
· Ability to recognise the need for, and drive, process improvements and efficiencies
· Experience of Oracle/SAP
· Strong Microsoft Excel skills