Finance Manager 12 Month Contract
Location: Walsall, West Midlands, GB, WS2 8LD
Salary £65,00-£70,000 Depending on experience
About the role
Purpose of role: Responsible for providing key support to the HoF BVE in delivering the wide ranging transformation programme that is required across the business.
Key Tasks and Activities:
* Lead and drive the finance work stream of the BVE transformation plan whilst being part of the overall transformation delivery team
* Properly define and document the revenue recognition process such that there is a clearly defined process with associated controls and defined roles and responsibilities
* Implement new processes and controls to monitor and manage WIP on an ongoing basis
* Review, understand and re-design the processes and controls around pricing to ensure bids and quotes are accurately and appropriately calculated
* Review and redesign the cost centre structure to allow costs to be appropriately reported and monitored
* Review, understand and re-design the processes and controls associated with the way in which costs are charged to projects to ensure appropriate cost capture and to allow variances to be appropriately analysed
* Build and develop an operating dashboard and associated KPIs to allow the business to properly monitor performance
* Work with the SSC and operations to improve performance against the prompt payment code
* Implement process and control improvements to address the finance related internal audit findings
* Provide ad hoc support to the HoF as necessary
* Redesigned and improved revenue recognition policy with clearly defined roles and responsibilities that is properly understood and followed
* Better controlled and reduced WIP balance
* Redesigned and improved pricing strategy and approach
* Redesigned cost centre structure to allow costs to be better analysed and understood
* Creation of an operating KPI dashboard
* Improved prompt payment performance
Describe with whom the role regularly interfaces:
* Finance Teams (Business Unit / Sector / Group)
* Operational teams
* Procurement and supply chain
* Bids and BD teams
What do I need to do the role?
Key Technical Skills / competencies:
* Analytical mindset to evaluate and understand current issues and challenges and the ability to identify and implement solutions
* Strong understanding of process and control and the ability to identify and implement process improvements
* Strong understanding of operational finance ideally in a manufacturing enviornment
* Ability to manipulate and analyse financial data
Key Behavioural competencies:
* Proactive, positive, can-do mentality
* Resilience to work in a challenging operating environment
* Attention to detail and a willingness to roll up the sleeves to get things done
* Ability to push on despite setbacks and complete the underlying tasks at hand
* Collaborative worker who can build relationships at both the operational and functional level and take others along the transformation journey
Key Analytical Skills and Challenges / competencies:
* Numerically literate and able to build, understand and manipulate financial spreadsheet models
* Excellent written and verbal communications skills
* High level of computer literacy
* Qualified ACCA/CIMA/ACA with at least 3+ years PQE
* High level of computer literacy (incl. Advanced Excel)
* Degree qualified or equivalent industry experience
What else do I need to know?
* All applicants must have the legal right to work in the UK and be subject to satisfactory security clearance which includes 3 years reference checks. Verification of any qualifications/passport/licences must be shown at interview stage.
* We are happy to talk about flexible working. Please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
If you are currently employed by Babcock/Cavendish Nuclear please let your line manager know that you're applying for this vacancy. You should also let them know if you are attending an interview or assessment for a role.
Please note that you will not be able to access the vacancy details after the closing date so you may wish to keep a copy of this advert and any supporting documents for your records.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strives to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and we will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
- Walsall, Walsall, England
- Job Type:
- Digital Workspace
- Job reference:
- 14 days ago