A great opportunity has arisen for a newly qualified Finance Business Partner to join a large multinational Pharmaceutical business in Surrey on a 9 month contract.
This role is due to start at the beginning of 2017.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
To act as the finance business partner to a selection of Enabling Functions.
The Finance BP will ensure the provision of quality, accurate and timely financial support, driving accountability for performance and monitoring of expenses and investments.
The role acts as the link between the enabling functions (UK and Global) and FP&A team to support financial planning, monitoring and reporting.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Act as Finance business partner for assigned areas:
· Assist in evaluation of investment/commercial opportunities
· Assist in the development of system tools to provide clear performance measures for business
· Drive real accountability for return on investment and sales performance as appropriate
· Develop financial knowledge of budget holders and define review processes to support effective prioritisation of investment/spend activities.
· Support the financial planning processes, which are led by the Financial Planning & Analysis team
· Co-ordinate the Forecasting and Business Planning exercises for the business streams to drive proper business strategy through to quantifiable results including accurate market forecasts and management of 3rd party partnerships
· Develop and maintain an appropriate level of knowledge within the assigned area
Monitoring financial performance:
· Co-ordinate and review month-end process
· Monitor results against forecast/budget and provide accurate, timely financial management information and commentary
· Evaluate and highlight risks to performance
· Assist in the development and implementation of Sales Incentive schemes in line with Company targets.
· Work with the Credit Controller and Head of Customer Services to minimise customer credit risk and ensure prompt settlement of customer accounts.
· Ensure stock inventory risk is properly mitigated and effectively managed between the business and finance.
· Ensure existence of budgetary control; challenge spend where appropriate
· Ensure the close monitoring of rebate accruals so that reported sales are accurate
· Ensure accuracy of Purchase to Pay transactions to provide adequate integrity for reporting purposes
· Newly qualified CIMA, ACCA, ACA accountant with 1-2 years PQE
· Business partnering experience
· Good financial modelling skills
· Good commercial understanding
· Demonstrated communication skills
· Ability to influence/persuade at Senior Management and Leadership team level
· Analytical, creative and demonstrated ability to anticipate risks
· Delivery-focused with proven record of performance
· Project management experience desirable
· Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines