Job Title: Finance Business Partner - IT Finance
Duration: 3 Months
Rate: £275 - £300 per day
Our client, a global blue chip organisation currently have a requirement for an exceptional Finance Business Partner in the IT Finance department supporting and challenging the heads of department in their forecast and ensuring that they have the relevant and accurate financial data required for decision making.
- Financial Planning including Budgeting (Annual) and Rolling Forecast (Quarterly).
- Provide financial support and guidance in project business cases and total cost of ownership evaluations.
- Provide Financial Leadership in determining strategic Business direction and align Financial Strategies with Production Services.
- Month end activities and reporting - Financial Controlling, monitoring IT Transactions to ensure alignment with IT Accounting Key Data Structure Accruals and maintain efficient financial data.
- Work closely with IT Operations Management Team to drive Financial Stability, accuracy of Data, Planning and Financial Analysis of new cost savings initiatives, financial impact from Central & Regional projects.
- Contribute with developing new cost saving opportunities and support in its implantation which is critical to deliver the IT Cost Leadership strategy.
- Challenge unjustified spend and unrealistic forecast by understanding Business needs and to comply with Cost Leadership objective of the Company.
- Collect, understand and document relevant Business reasons to explain variances to budget, Accruals, Inter-company Charges within the Group.
- Present financial figures to management at month-end and highlight risks and opportunities. Evaluate the forecast accuracy and drive improvement actions with the portfolio if need be.
- Finance partner experience, with proven track record and ability to understand the business in order to have a better forecast, save money
- Experience with financial planning/budget cycle/forecasting
- Experience with business cases and investment appraisal
- Knowledge of Corporate IT Estate (know how applications run, what is a data centre, what is a network)
- Strives for simplicity
- Strong Excel/PowerPoint Skills
- Familiar with Business Warehouse and SAP
- Bachelor and ideally Master Degree
- Accounting qualification is a plus