An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Finance Analyst to work for a large engineering and support services provider based in Portsmouth.
The organisation is at FTSE100 business; the UK's leading provider of engineering support providing tailored packages for critical services across London. You'll be working as part of the organisation's Support Services division to accurately report on the financial performance of specific contracts.
This is a key role within the Critical Services central finance team. The Finance Analyst will assist the central finance team and Head of Finance to achieve timely financial reporting and financial analysis. To develop the central finance function, enhancing a strong internal control environment.
- To assist the financial reporting and control manager with the financial statement close process
- To coordinate the distribution and review of the month end reconciliation process
- Preparation of quarterly VAT returns and review and administration of submission to HMRC and payment process
- Inter-company invoice processing and confirmations administration
- Administration of purchase order approvals
- To work closely with the senior central finance team members and operating unit finance leads for the collation of financial information
- Preparation of analytical review and management information to the Critical Services (CS) Central Finance Head
- Responsibility for the preparation of the central overhead balance sheet reconciliations
- Preparation of the weekly short term cash flow for CS working capital requirements
Technical Experience & Qualifications
- Minimum part qualified CIMA/ACCA/ACA or equivalent
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel skills
- Experience of ERP systems and financial reporting tools
- Excellent administrative/office management experience
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- High level of competence in Microsoft Office suite
- Ability to manage variable workload in line with deadlines
- Tenacious attitude coupled with a desire to challenge and improve the status quo
- Pace, energy and enthusiasm with demonstrable ability to think and deliver at speed
- Demonstrates integrity and behaves in an honest and open way
If you are interested in finding out more information about the Finance Analyst position please contact Francesca Robinson on 01179309771 or email