One of the UK's Leading Partners in Science and Technology Research is looking for a Experienced Service Desk Agent to come and join their dedicated IT Support Team. They are a global organisation that is predominantly based in Europe, North America and Australia, but are going into emerging markets in Africa and South East Asia.
The successful candidate will provide IT Service Desk initial contact support to internal and external customers, providing support on all IT-supported software and hardware and mobile communications. Responsible for the management, order and distribution of software, hardware and mobile devices and also for ensuring a high level of customer service for service requests. Requests will be received via phone, email or in person.
Key Capabilities / Knowledge
- Strong inter-personal and customer services skills are essential.
- Candidates should possess a natural initiative and pro-activeness to their method of working, be open to new ideas and have a positive outlook.
- Excellent standard of written and spoken English and attention to detail is essential.
- Must be a team player and motivate others but also able to work on own initiative.
- Flexible - occasional requirement to work outside of core hours at short notice
- Professional Image
- Relentless focus on improving processes
- Ability to prioritise
- Ability to work well to deadlines and under pressure
- Act as initial escalation point for Service Desk Agents.
- Management of the IT call logging system, ensuring tickets are resolved within appropriate SLA's.
- Assist Service Desk Agents in providing first line support when workloads are high or where additional experience is required.
- Adhere to all service management principles, including the company's software licensing processes.
- To manage and safeguard the confidentiality, integrity and availability of company and customer information.
- Ensure compliance with organisation policies, procedures and work instructions.
- Produce statistics and management reports.
- To take ownership of problems and be proactive when dealing with all issues.
- To allocate technical calls to the relevant resolver group, initiate escalation procedures and manage incidents.
- Demonstrate an ability to work collaboratively with customers, colleagues and suppliers under pressure.
- Ability to co-ordinate and direct activities and tasks.
- Proactively investigating ways to reduce common issues and publishing self-help guides to assist the customer base. In turn this gives time back to the business.
- Responsible for update and maintenance of accurate internal work instructions and processes.
Experience & Qualifications
- 2 years minimum in a Service Desk/Incident Management role in a technology environment
- Proven experience in Problem Management and ticket analysis.
- Support knowledge of Windows XP / Win 7 /iOS Operating Systems (Windows 10 desirable)
- Support knowledge of Microsoft Office 2003/2010 packages (Office 365 desirable)
- Understanding of mobile telephony and smart devices
- Understanding of Active Directory
- Understanding of Networking
- Experience of working to defined service levels and service catalogue
Location and Clearance
The position is based in Farnborough and requires SC clearance so candidates must have worked/lived in the UK for the last 5 years in order to meet this requirement.
For more information about the role, or to determine if you are eligible for SC Clearance please contact Mark Maxwell on 01619243659.