The purpose of the Business Support Team is to facilitate the smooth running of the day-to-day business of the Directorate, dealing with operational (organisation, administration, HR and Finance), supplier engagement and management of the office, providing effective and efficient administrative support to the Head of Directorate, the office and staff.
The roles require:
- prioritisation and management of work flowing through the office, action information requests
- provide guidance and support to staff, working at pace with flexibility and discretion to effectively support the smooth running of the Directorate
This particular role is a six month temporary requirement primarily supporting a number of activities around onboarding new teams, managing movement activities and supporting the implementation of Smart Working as well as other capability activities.
The main responsibilities of the posts are:
- Operating and effectively working as a team within a pool model of business support Resource. Provide operational, administrative and strategic support
- Administrative support which includes but is not limited to; proactively manage inbox and calendar, meeting arrangements including awaydays, events and internal/external meetings/conferences, collation, printing and presentation of meeting papers, minute taking, raising requisitions, stationary point, arranging travel (including overseas), accommodation, car hires and expenses claims for the Directorate.
- Provide project support and coordination to DTM programmes/initiatives including supporting the delivery of accommodation and culture change aspects around smart working in DTM, coordinating and supporting the programme of work effectively
- Supporting the high period of activity around creating development teams with multiple teams, providing them with the accommodation and tools they need to deliver effectively
- Manage interaction with range of both internal and external stakeholders, ensuring channels are handled in a professional manner
- Build and maintain close working relationships with colleagues to support collaborative working across DTM and the wider ONS business
Skills and Experience:
Interpersonal and communication skills
Good interpersonal and communication skills with a proven record of establishing, building and maintaining strong, collaborative and productive relationships across functional and organisational boundaries.
Delivery of outcomes
Proven ability to be focused on delivery of outcomes, proactive, work under pressure, respond quickly and decisively to changing circumstances and to tight deadlines.
Organising and Prioritising
Proven ability to organise a complex workload, to prioritise, and manage rapidly changing demands and priorities but essentially to model positive behaviours that reflect the corporate values and culture.
Planning and attention to detail
Demonstrate ability to be organised with well-developed planning skills, attention to detail and ability to co-ordinate several activities in the same time frame, quickly analyse and resolve specific problems and deal with tight deadlines. Experience of managing a complex diary is essential.
Must be flexible and able to work with colleagues to provide the necessary service to support business delivery
An awareness of DTM's transformation agenda, UKSA Business Plan and the government's digital and technology transformation agenda
Microsoft Office Skills
High proficiency in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Civil Service Competencies
Leading and Communicating
Collaborating and Partnering
Managing a Quality Service
Delivering at Pace