ENGINEERING TEAM LEAD (SHIFT POSITION)
We are looking to appoint qualified people to drive high performance in a high-volume, automated production facility. The Engineering/Maintenance roles are concerned with getting high output from the automation- intensive production lines.
The aim is to drive high performance in our new high-volume, automated contact lens production facility.
The Engineering/Maintenance roles are concerned with getting high output from our automation- intensive production lines. Engineers working on four-cycle shift will lead teams of technicians to this objective in a state-of the-art factory.
Objectives/ Purpose of the Role:
- Improve equipment performance and reliability through technical knowledge and people leadership.
- This role will include the implementation & execution of preventive and reactive maintenance programmes and the leadership of a group of technicians on shift.
- Technical knowledge & insight and employee supervision, motivation and development are key aspects of the job.
Main Activities & Responsibilities:
- Implement a preventative maintenance programmes
- Monitor the effectiveness of all maintenance activities
- Develop training plans for technicians.
- Monitor and report on equipment OEE.
- Set goals for the shift technician group
- Propose projects designed to improve OEE and reduce overall maintenance costs.
- Participate in the recruitment of staff as required
- Work with Procurement and Logistics groups on the control of equipment spares
- Ensure all work is executed in line with health and safety and quality system requirements
Qualifications & Training:
Bachelor's Degree in Engineering (Mechanical Engineering or other relevant, technical equivalent).
Experience & Skills:
- Experience: 5+ years' experience of engineering/ maintenance roles in high-volume industries with a significant technology content.
- 3+ year's supervisory experience.
- Extensive hands-on experience of preventive/ reactive maintenance, technician supervision/ interaction and high-speed automation.
- Knowledge of Medical device and/or Pharmaceutical production preferred (cGMP / FDA regulated environment).
- Knowledge of automatic measurement and reporting of OEE and related production data would be advantageous.
- Self-directed with excellent communication skills on technical subjects.
For further information on this role please contact James Kelly on 016455250 or