Energy Systems Engineering Team Leader
Edinburgh - Competitive Salary + Benefits
My Client created and operates the largest and most advanced smart grid system in the UK - bringing revenue to UK businesses, reducing national CO2 emissions and helping to secure energy supplies.
The company was established in 2004 to develop new ways of addressing the short term balancing requirements of the national electricity system. Working with key UK businesses, they have become the country's market leader in aggregated demand side management, winning awards for its team and technology along the way.
They pioneered aggregated demand-side reserve services for electricity system balancing, and continue to lead this sector both in volume and technical capability. Creating this reserve by aggregating small generators, and opportunities for short-duration load reduction, into capacity groups that are made available to National Grid and/or one of the UK's Distribution Network Operators for short periods when the national or local electricity system is under stress.
They provide fast access to reserve energy that is delivered with a lower cost and lower emissions than conventional power stations.
A full time, permanent post has been created to accelerate growth and the development of their services.
Working between major corporate energy managers, operational staff and a variety of contractors, you will be involved in every aspect of site projects, from supporting and prioritising early-stage sales engagement, through project management of site works, tactical problem management, to ongoing client support. You will also be tasked with; Monitoring and improving process efficiency, commissioning a record management system in conjunction with the IT function and implementing a workflow structure for the engineering the team.
This is a fantastic opportunity for anyone who is looking to develop their management and leadership skills
The ideal candidate must have:
- A degree in electrical, mechanical, renewable energy engineering or
- A minimum of 2 years of proven team
- Strong communication and interpersonal
- Knowledge of the electricity industry in the
- Able to demonstrate analytical, technical and project management skills
- Excellent presentation and report-writing
- Strong IT skills (preferably including engineering design applications).
- Enthusiasm, self-motivation with a strong interest in demand side management and smart grid development.
- Full UK/EU driving license, as this role required travel within the
Benefits and apply
We are committed to rewarding initiative and excellence and we offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits. You can expect challenge, learning and development and autonomy in creating value in our dynamic business.