Three month rolling contracts
£15 - £18.50 p/h
- Undertake the installation, repair, maintenance and manufacture of electrical systems as required on ships/submarine/land based systems in the marine defence and commercial industry.
- Read drawings, interpret work instructions and perform the work to time, cost and quality.
- Ability to overhaul and install a variety of electrical equipment in control, distribution and control systems covering areas such as weapons, navigation, sensors and communications systems.
- Installation and connection of cabling.
- Set to work by the use of test equipment.
- Carry out functional tests and surveys.
- Competent to use general workshop machinery and hand tools related to the role of electrical fitter.
- Cleaning up of own work arisings.
- Slinging duties as required.
- Any other task within the individual's competence as directed by the company.