My Client, a leading Engineering services company based in Leicester are urgently seeking an experienced Electrical Designer to join their team for a minimum of 3 months with potential for extension.
Electrical Designers to create high quality accurate engineering drawings, calculations and associated documentation along with providing comprehensive assistance to all users of this output. CAD Experience prefered.
Job Description / Person Specification Electrical Designer
- Identify all risks associated with the planned activities and immediately advise the lead engineer of any issues that could impact the project.
- Liaise with all necessary interfaces (e.g. other project team members) to ensure that all required information for the task has been received and to immediately highlight any deficiencies.
- Provide accurate progress reports including estimates to complete on a regular basis.
- Generation of Electrical system designs, based on selected concepts/scheme drawings with increased level of detail taking into account 3rd party interfaces, operational impacts, homogeneous systems, safety systems, system architecture and equipment processes.
- Generation of Electrical design and installation drawings as followed:
- Equipment arrangement drawings and part lists.
- Block interface drawings, end connection drawings, cable schedules, electrical power and distribution drawings.
- Supporting cable calculations. Generation of Electrical design control panel drawings as followed:
- Equipment arrangement drawings and bill of materials.
- Electrical Schematics and terminal arrangements.
- Supporting calculations and equipment selections.
- Assist with control panel CE marking, O&M manuals and technical records register.
- Preparation of phasing drawings indicating the sequence of installation.
- Site surveys in support to the above activities. Site support during installation and commissioning phases, office or site, day or night.
- Monitor and report progress against the agreed programme.
- Provide "estimates to complete" (ETCs) for all remaining allocated activities.
- Identify to the Lead Engineer any variation to the agreed scope of work. Advise on cost and programme impact and gain approval before initiating the variation. Ensure that all related processes and procedures particularly with regards to the review and issue of engineering output are followed.
- Project close out, ensuring all "as built" drawings and test records are received from site
- Knowledge of Airline/Handler baggage operational processes ü
- Have a good knowledge and understanding of electrical engineering for medium and low voltage power distribution, instrumentation and related cabling, panel design for motor starters and PLC Systems
- System design
- Detailed system design
- Have a thorough working knowledge of AutoCAD Electrical
Please apply accordingly for immediate consideration or call Nikita Shellard on 0117 9309 724