Electrical Controls & Instrumentation Engineer - FTSE 100 Engineering Organisation - up to £36,000 + Benefits + excellent career progression. Bridgewater.
I am recruiting on behalf of a FTSE 100 Engineering Organisation and market leader in through life engineering support across the defence, nuclear, marine and rail industries.
We are looking to recruit an experienced EC&I engineer to lead and support a number of projects at Hinkley Point Nuclear Power Station.
- Investment planning and business justification for projects
- Production of project programmes
- Site surveying and scope identification
- Requirements capture and optioneering
- Generation of health, safety and quality documentation
- Production of specifications (Functional & Technical)
- Engineering of solutions to given problems
- Creation of work packs including method statements & risk assessments
- Maintaining safety all in works undertaken in line with regulatory and compliance policies.
- Engineering drawings utilising AutoCAD (previous experience beneficial but not required)
- Fault finding, testing and commissioning of plant
- Electrical and instrumentation installations
- Working with Programmable Logic Controllers
- Instrumentation configuration and setup (e.g. dataloggers)
- Secondary roles within the team as required by the Engineer in Charge
- Identifying issues/improvements/recommendations to plant and equipment
- Working at height, in confined spaces and within radiological controlled areas.
- Basic IT skills required (e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Flexibility with working hours will be required on occasion to fit in with the process nature of projects. This may include extended hours working, weekend working or night shift working in line with the working time regulations.
- HNC in relevant discipline / Degree in relevant discipline beneficial
- Successful completion of current IEE Regulations Training
- IOSH beneficial
The successful EC&I Engineer can expect to work in a challenging yet rewarding environment and enjoy the benefits of working for a FTSE 100 organisation. If you are career focused and looking for the opportunity to progress, apply now or get in touch for further information. 0117 9309 726 or