Dplan Code Developer (Visual Basic, .NET, Java, Oracle)
Dplan Code Developer (Visual Basic, .NET, Java, Oracle) required to join a reputable technology company based in Newcastle. This is a contract position due to last an initial 3 months with a daily circa of £260 - 290 pay per day
DPlan is a software application used to calculate the centre of gravity of aircrafts as they are loaded with cargo and passengers. It has interfaces to external departure control systems and produces loading instructions for ground handlers and a weight and balance sheet for flight crew.
The system is used by several ground handlers in Europe and is the preferred system for some airlines.
The account serves two customers. One is a ground handler and has a strategy of moving all its European operations towards DPlan at their Central Load Planning facility in Manchester. The other customer provides DPlan as a part of it service to several other ground handlers in Europe and Africa. This 2nd customer is hosted by the company out of Wynyard.
The technical team is 3 staff. Code Developer, Oracle Developer & DBA, Business Analyst (W&B Certified).
The role is to maintain the code behind the DPlan system which performs:
- Downloads of flight data
- Presentation of the aircraft for load planners
- Calculation of centre of gravity
- Representation of C of G within the flight envelope
- Production of reports (load sheets, W & B calculations etc.)
- Entry screens for aircraft data
- Interfaces to various systems.
Our contracts provide business hours support with no on-call. There are no service penalties.
It is recognised that some skills may not be current, but prior knowledge should be considered acceptable.
- Visual Basic - 80% of application code
- .NET - < 20% of application code
- Java - < 10% application code
- Ability to analyse poorly structured code
The role also supports the Microsoft based servers in Wynyard.
- An understanding of MS Server 2012
- An understanding of Oracle 11 and Oracle 12
A reasonable level of mathematical skill is required to enable the validation of the systems results. An interest in aviation would be beneficial as well as a decent sense of humour.
If this role is of interest to you please submit your CV in the first instance. For more information please contact; James Brown - 0161 924 1425