Business Development Director - Life Sciences / Director of Industry Engagement
Director of Sales; Business Development; Life Sciences; Healthcare
Up to £110,000 per year + Company Benefits
Business Development Director is required by a global Life Science organisation. The Director of Industry Strategy and Collaboration offers a unique opportunity to contribute directly to the Government's work on economic growth. This is a high profile and strategic role. The successful applicant will work with the Department of Health to set industry strategy, manage the team and deliver successful research partnerships between the organisation and industry for the benefit of the nation.
- To provide overall and senior leadership for industry collaboration work acting as the visible leader and ambassador of the programmes
- To lead the sales activity to develop partnerships between pharmaceutical, biotech, device and diagnostic company research and the research infrastructure
- To work very closely with the universities and NHS Trusts in order to define their unique selling points and help clinical-academic staff to promote their initiatives
- To maintain and further develop a high quality, high value pipeline of industry collaborative projects
- To ensure rapid and successful delivery of industry collaborative research projects and providing centrally coordinated operational support for project set up and performance management
- To provide overall and line management responsibility for business development, ensuring high impact despite multiple competing priorities
Key Skills Required
- Credible sales and business development capabilities
- Successful track record of senior management eitherin health research or in the life sciences industry.
- Solid experience of working with the life sciences industry is required for candidates from a health research background
- Experience of managing a national sales or business development team would be
- Grasp of the health research environment in England and the Devolved Administrations
- Successful track record of setting and achieving demanding goals for a team
- Successful track record of working with internal and external stakeholders
- Aptitude for collaborative working and sound experience of working with multiple stakeholders
- The ability to command the respect of, and operate effectively with, very senior individuals from industry, Government Departments, academics, the NHS, charities and other research funders
Please contact Claire Jones at Experis is this opportunity is of interest.