Dimensional Control Surveyor to be based in Rosyth initial 6 Month contract.
Job Title - Dimensional Control Surveyor
Location - Rosyth
Rate - £ 22 per hour
Duration - 6 Months
Hours: Mon - Thurs 7.30am - 17.15pm
To undertake surveys and carryout relevant tasks of both onsite and offsite commercial & defence work
Roles and Responsibilities
* Ensure Health & Safety standards and processes are adhered to.
* Carry out Field work
* Process and produce reports.
* Understand design drawings and carry out dimensional control surveys as requested on various projects.
* Agree project work instructions from Senior Surveyor/Project Lead.
* Follow procedures and use working documents for guidance.
* Prepare the survey equipment ensuring that it is maintained, calibrated and fault free.
* Provide support to the Project Lead & Senior Surveyors in developing on-going relationships with Customer base.
* Report to the Project Lead & Senior Surveyors on all relevant issues.
* Portray a Professional Attitude at all times.
* Assist with estimates and sourcing materials
* Assist with the section development.
* Assist with method statements.
* Assist with Risk Assessments.
* Must be prepared to provide support during weekends and extended working offsite.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Experience
* HNC or apprenticeship in engineering/surveying relevant to the role, or equivalent experience.
* Suitable experience in 3 dimensional surveying.
* Read and understand Engineering drawings.
* Good communication skills, able to understand and present survey results to the client in both verbal and written format.
Equipment familiarity - Hardware and Software
* Experienced in the use of Total Stations, knowledge of Leica instruments an advantage
* General Knowledge of all systems relevant to surveying; Spatial Analyzer would be an advantage.
* Preparation of reports and documentation commensurate with the post knowledge of MS Office, AutoCAD, Rhino, Spatial
Candidates should submit CVs in the first instance. Mike Tripp 0161 924 3631