DevOps Engineer (Kubernetes)
DevOps Engineer with strong Kubernetes experience is required to join the worlds market leader in digital media technology. This is a contract opportunity due to last for an initial 6 months based in Osterley, West London. This opportunity will offer a circa of £500 - 535 pay per day.
- Manage, extend and enhance a kubernetes deployment, as part of a central DevOps function for deploying applications and provisioning services.
- Assist Agile teams to deploy, scale and support their applications running on kubernetes
- Solve problems relating to mission critical services and build automation to prevent problem recurrence.
Skills and experience
- Kubernetes experience
- Deep understanding of operating systems, particularly Linux
- Ability to code in at least one modern programming language (Go, Python, Ruby, Java, etc.)
- Experience in automation, deployment and operation of large scale web applications
- Systematic problem solving approach, coupled with a strong sense of ownership and drive.
- Strong understanding of networking.
- Technology-agnostic and can identify the best tool for the job
- Experience working with cloud platforms such as AWS, Google Compute Engine etc.
- Exposure to IaaS technologies (ie Openstack / VMware)
- Passionate about delivering high quality, reviewed and tested code
- Professional experience in some of: deployment systems, monitoring systems, containerization, configuration management, and a strong desire to learn to fill the gaps.
If this opportunity is of interest to you please submit your CV in the first instance. For more information regarding the role feel free to contact; James Brown - 0161 924 1425