Manchester (remote initially)
Up to £550 per day
*Umbrella company only
Our client manufactures and sells computer hardware and software and offers infrastructure services, hosting services, and consulting services in areas ranging from mainframe computers to nanotechnology.
As a DevOps Engineer you will be responsible for the design and implementation of applications' build, release, deployment and configuration activities.
Other responsibilities include working within multi-functional teams to gather requirements, evaluate tools, implementing/updating solutions, building and executing test plans, provision environments, application performance reviews, assist migration of legacy systems, and triaging and fixing operational issues.
You will contribute to DevOps culture promotion and aide/support the transition to DevOps as a better practice.
- Provisioning (Terraform, Ansible)
- Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment (GitLab CI, Helm)
- Cloud applications (Deploying, supporting, patching - AWS, AZURE, API's)
- Awareness of Code and system management (Modify and maintain legacy systems and code, standardise systems and code, Evolve systems and code)
- Understands key principles of modern standards approach and how they apply to the work they are undertaking
- Understands core technical concepts related to their role and is able to apply them
Suitable candidates should submit their CV in the first instance.