Our Public Sector client based in Glasgow (Outside IR35) is currently recruiting for a DevOps Engineer.
Deliver and integrates software to form a complete DevOps toolchain. They are responsible for planning and designing large groups of stories.
- Implement high-level technical requirements in a reliable, scalable and performant way
- provide coaching and mentoring to more junior colleagues
- Ensure due technical consideration is given to make processes repeatable, scalable and secure
- Have deep technical knowledge and experience in DevOps environments, providing support to delivery teams and solving complex problems
- Attend all associated Agile ceremonies and make use of collaborative tooling (Slack, Confluence, Jira)
- Be proactive on identifying improvements.
- Be transparent and collaborative when making decisions
- Be able to work with clients with low technical expertise
- Some out of hours working may be required during release schedules and hotfixes.
Key Skills / Experience
- 3+ years in a practical DevOps role
- Expert level Kubernetes infrastructure build and operate experience
- Demonstrable experience building secure solutions on Kubernetes at scale, ideally using AWS EKS
- Experience with Istio service mesh
- Experience building secure solutions using Hashicorp tooling: Terraform and Vault
- Able to demonstrate ability to containerise services using best practices
- Can demonstrate practical experience with RedHat/CentOS/Amazon Linux
- Can demonstrate practical experience with containers and container orchestration Experience of managing infrastructure as code, catering for multiple environment differences
- Demonstrable experience of using VCS (Version Control System) in team environments (eg, git, GitHub, BitBucket)
- Demonstrable experience delivering CI/CD pipelines
- Able to demonstrate mentoring colleagues in automation, security, and reliability, within a DevOps context
- Demonstrable experience of identifying manual processes suitable for automation
- Can demonstrate a firm grasp of DevOps and Agile methodologies
- Experience of managing infrastructure as code, catering for multiple environment differences
- Demonstrable experience of Terragrunt
- Worked in a GitOps driven environment
- Able to demonstrate they have worked in regulated environments (eg, finance, government)