Developer - SOA - APIs - Messaging - WSO2 or similar
Our Telford based client is currently seeking an experienced Developer to join their team on an initial 6 month contract.
The successful candidate will have deep skills in the XSLT programming language, with experience of systems integration and will be focused on producing good quality code. Once the service is delivered they will continually look to improve the service by identifying new tools and techniques and removing technical bottlenecks. They will be an all-rounder who is able to communicate with colleagues and customers alike, sharing ideas, skills and experience to ensure the whole team performs to its best.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Building integration services with a focus on how they will be used;
- Seeking collaboration and early feedback;
- Designing services they expect to operate and maintain;
- Leaving developments simpler and better tested than when you started;
- Looking for opportunities to share progress and knowledge;
- Learning from colleagues and the wider community; and
- Using data to make decisions, building tools to gather that data.
- SOA technologies
- Unix-like operating systems such as Linux and/or Mac OS X
- Version control systems such as subversion or git
- Experience in developing and using public and private web-based APIs
- JSON Schemas
- SOAP UI
- Strong problem-solving skills and experience debugging a complex multi-server service
- Agile methodologies (TDD, SCRUM, Kanban, etc.).
Ideally, the successful candidate will also demonstrate experience in the following desirable disciplines:
- Continuous integration (Maven, Jenkins);
- DevOps Tools (Ansible);
- Strong design and implementation experience with SOA, messaging, middleware, APIs, as well as related networking and security technologies;
- Enterprise Integration Patterns;
- Network protocols - HTTP, SSL, etc.;
- Architecture modelling; and
- Conceptual modelling (process maps, block diagrams, sequence diagrams etc.)
Candidates should submit their CV in the first instance. Basic Disclosure may be required for this role.