Desktop Support Analyst, 1st Line, 2nd Line, Second Line, IT Service Desk, Active Directory, Exchange, Omnidox, CMS, Blackberry, Becrypt and Lync, Citrix Desktop Director, Service Now, ITIL,
The role of the Desktop Support Analyst is to provide second line support for all staff at our client. This role handles technical queries that have been escalated from the IT Service Desk, which is the central point of contact for all IT related incidents and service requests.
The Desktop Support Technician is responsible for resolving support requests and continuous service delivery demands. IT Support staff work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment which provides services to staff over the phone, through e-mail, with remote tools, and in person (for walk-in customers).
- Assist all users with any logged IT related incident when called upon to do so.
- Accurately record, update and document incidents and requests using the IT Service Desk call logging system (Service Now).
- Take ownership of issues by carrying out problem analysis to implement temporary or permanent fixes with the aim of restoring service to the customer as soon as possible; escalating incidents to other support teams where necessary.
- Full administration (creation, maintenance and deletion) of user accounts of all types (including but not limited to Active Directory, Exchange, Omnidox, CMS, Blackberry, Becrypt and Lync).
- Installation, configuration and troubleshooting, where necessary, of IT equipment including workstations, monitors, laptops and mobile devices (Blackberry and Tablets).
- Installation, configuration and troubleshooting, where necessary, of standard front-end user software, including Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office products.
- Support level understanding, of Citrix Desktop Director as a way to provide capable remote support to customers.
- Configuration and Maintenance of the printer estate (through SafeCom), including resolving printing incidents (and their function as copiers and scanners).
- To create, maintain and publish relevant support documentation in order to assist all staff in the quick resolution of their incidents and service requests and enable users to become more self-sufficient.
- To maintain a first class level of customer service ensuring that all customers are treated efficiently and in an appropriate manner.
- Maintain excellent verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical colleagues at all levels in the organisation.
- To be a highly motivated team player with the skills and ability to manage changing priorities.
- Exhibit a flexible approach to working on a rota basis and provide necessary cover where needed.
- Understand and work within the ITIL Service Delivery framework.
- Attend training courses as identified and agreed for appropriate professional development.
- Actively support the equality and diversity policies of the Government Legal Department.
- Undertake other duties not specifically stated which from time to time are necessary, without altering the nature or level of BAU responsibilities.