Design Engineer (Oil & Gas)
The Design Engineer role is a new permanent position, based in Shannon. The position is to assist with the initial transfer of work of a product line from the US to Shannon, followed by the ongoing support of this product line. We are seeking an individual who wants a challenging but rewarding role, contributing to growing the business in line with strategic direction.
· Design and develop Ultrasound testing solutions, including Ultrasound probes, Ultrasound mechanical instruments and testing accessories.
· Provide quotations for special products, then design and oversee their construction, validation and installation. This may include interaction with customers and/or sales teams on development of special solutions.
· Support growth opportunities with the primary focus on Ultrasound probes and solutions, but with possible inclusion of Ultrasonic, and Remote Visual inspection technologies. Work on non destructive testing (NDT) development projects while adhering to project schedules and performance requirements.
· Execute with support and guidance from engineering teams across GE to analyse, design, test and/or integrate this new product line.
· Manage and support the assigned projects to meet business standards, practices and procedures and the product/program requirements.
· Provide technical leadership to internal and external customers as assigned.
· Document products and technical data generated consistent with engineering policies and procedures.
· Provide timely communications on significant issues or developments.
· Participate on teams assigned to address organizational initiatives and generic issues.
· Participate as a presenter or reviewer in technical and program reviews.
· Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics or proven years experience in a similar role.
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Computer literate with experience using Solidworks or similar 3D design software.
· Proficiency with the design, test and analysis tools relevant to the function.
· Knowledge of Eddy Current and Ultrasound probe design and fabrication techniques and industrial NDT applications.
· Experience with NDT inspection systems.
· Beneficial Skills include: Mechanical Design; Broad understanding of mechanical principles; Knowledge of machining practices; Electronics and Electro-mechanics; Six Sigma /Lean experience or certifications.Practical, hands-on experience in one or more of the following NDT modalities (ET, UT,RT,RVI).
For more information please contact Darragh on 01-6455250 or firstname.lastname@example.org