Database Administrator (DBA) - Infrastructure SERVICES
Responsible to: Systems Manager (Mainframe Services)
4- 5 week contract
£300 - £350 per day
MUST BE IMMEDIATELY AVAILABLE TO START.
- The DBA Group in the Infrastructure Services department is responsible for the implementation, development and support of the Partnership's database systems running on DB2 z/OS.
- The role is a DBA in the Group, supporting the proactive monitoring of and any incident resolution for the Partnership's DB2 z/OS production systems during the Christmas Peak trading period.
- The role will also need an appreciation of applications to be able to provide application support engineers with expert advice for incident resolution.
- The role reports to the DB2 for z/OS Technical Lead on a day-to-day basis for the duration of the work. The Systems Manager (Mainframe Services) has overall responsibility for the Group's work.
(a) The active monitoring of the clients Production DB2 for z/OS systems during the Christmas Peak.
(b) On Call, Onsite, Remote Logged as required to flex the current DBA team to provide cover for the Peak Support Rota.
(c) Update of existing support documentation for continuous service improvement.
- The role will also need an understanding of the administration of the Partnership's DB2 z/OS database systems to fix any problems related to the database during Peak.
- The role will be the first or second point of contact in the DBA Group to provide 3rd line support for Application Support Engineers and the Operations Bridge for Infrastructure Database issues.
- The role also entails supporting toolkits that manage and support the database platform and client connectivity to the databases.
- To support the infrastructure out of hours working will be required according to a rota on key trading days during Peak.
- In addition to this, the role will include providing out of hours support for the production infrastructure, on a callout rota basis. This entails being logged on and available within 20 minutes of receiving a call and working on any problems through to resolution.
- There will be a period of on boarding, followed by Black Friday support (rota'd onsite, remote logged in, on call) and then offshore support (rota'd active monitoring and callout)
- Locations will be Bracknell and London for onboarding, London for black Friday and then offshore for the rest of peak.
- The following experience is essential to the role:
- Minimum 5 years as a DBA working with DB2 z/OS v9 and v10, and showing evidence of the following:
- Monitoring Database Systems.
- Resolving infrastructure issues.
- Resolving database performance problems.
- Working with application teams to promote changes to pre-prod and production environments.
- Knowledge of IBM Q Replication (QCapture and QApply) for DB2 for z/OS.
- General IBM mainframe knowledge - minimum 5 years
- BM OMEGAMON for DB2 - minimum 3 years
- BMC Catalog Manager and Change Manager - minimum 3 years
The following skills are desired:
- Coding skills in Rexx and COBOL
- Knowledge of DB2 clients
- The client use the following tools to manage the DB2 z/OS databases. Experience in these as shown:
(a) IBM Omegamon for DB2 (essential)
(b) IBM Visual Explain (desired)
(c) BMC Change Manager (essential)
(d) BMC Catalog Manager (essential)
(e) Compuware Strobe and iStrobe (desired)
(f) Compuware File-Aid for DB2 and File-Aid RDX (desired)
CANDIDATES MUST SUBMIT THEIR CV IN THE FIRST INSTANCE. GIOVANNA. N