DATABASE ADMINISTRATOR, DBA, APPLICATION MAINTENANCE, 2ND LINE SUPPORT, INCIDENT MANAGEMENT, NATIONAL APPLICATIONS, DISASTER RECOVERY
£32,000 - £38,000 dependent on experience + On call allowances
This role is required to provide out of hours support (24x7) on a roster basis. This includes telephone support and attending on-site when required at either the primary or secondary sites.
An exciting new position has become available to work for one of our high profile clients based in Hendon as a Database Administrator. The post holder will manage the installation, configuration, upgrade, administration, monitoring and maintenance of databases in order to meet SLA targets. Additionally, working in close collaboration with colleagues in specialist areas such as software developers, Systems Administrators or Network Support Engineers the DBA will fulfill application maintenance and support second-line functions.
In this role you will be responsible for all aspects of Database Administration including maintaining procedures and documentation for databases; Installing, upgrading and maintaining databases on our environments; Monitoring database activities and resource usage; Optimising database performance and planning for forecast resource needs. You will also provide expert advice to support the resolutions of customer queries, manage user requests and facilitate training.
In addition you will be responsible for:
- Providing second line support for all applications to ensure customer queries/problems are resolved
- Incident Management providing 24x7 on-call support for all national applications and operational databases. Taking responsibility for the diagnosis and resolution of critical problems in order to ensure the availability of all national applications software / databases.
- Providing first-line support if there is a need to switch operations to the Disaster Recovery Site (DRS).
- Planning and setting of priorities to meet project deadlines and achieve business objectives.
- Database Administration: experience in working as a DBA
- Knowledge/Experience of Oracle 10g or 11g for the Open systems DBA role
- Knowledge/experience of ADABAS for the Mainframe DBA roles
- Software development: basic experience or a broad understanding of design and development in programming languages and how they relate to databases.
- Operating systems: good practical experience and knowledge of Fujitsu OSD/BS2000, for the mainframe role, and Microsoft Windows 2003 and Linux RED Hat for the open systems roles.
- Sound experience of Microsoft Office (Word, Access, Excel, Project) suite.
- Sound understanding of ITIL practices and policies (including Release Management and Change Management).
For further information on the role or support with the application process please contact 0161 924 3689