My client a large global brand is looking for an experienced Data, Strategy & Insights Analyst on a initial 6 Month contract.
The Data, Strategy & Insight Analyst role reports to the Sales Performance Manager and also the Account Development Performance Manager. S/He will be someone with strong quantitative, analytical and data-modelling skills, who will create and refine methodologies / models / processes for target-setting & performance reviews, incentive calculations & forecasts, and investigation & resolution of issues affecting the timely and accurate delivery of the above. S/He must be able to effectively communicate often complex ideas to audiences who have different levels of seniority and expertise, and whose first language may not be English. In order to fulfil duties the Analyst will work closely with Sales-people and ADs in the Field, local market Business Planners and technology support groups, as well as Finance and market General Managers. At times the volume of work can be very high and the deadlines very tight, so the analyst should be capable of staying calm and positive, and producing accurate work while under pressure.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Creation / Enhancement of methodologies, models and templates to help senior leaders set annual targets for the Field and to make recommendations on individual scorecard goal ratings (both at mid-year and year-end).
- Support the Annual Account Development optimisation activities such as review of segments / channels to supply to Field Team Leaders with the right models / data points
- Production of monthly scorecards for ADs, and quarterly scorecards and incentive calculations for sales, working closely with local market Business Planners to deliver numbers which are mutually agreed to be accurate.
- Supplying Finance with regular forecasts of incentive costs for accruals (and refining to achieve ever greater accuracy) and provision of ad-hoc cost estimates to support the pricing of new deals.
- Ownership of a helpdesk inbox where the Field report issues related to their targets and tracking of their performance, scorecards and incentive payments. The analyst takes the lead in issue resolution, sourcing input as required from other DS&I team-members, technology support groups and the Field.
- Development of Analysis and Insights into the performance and behaviour of the Field.
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent time management skills, above all, having demonstrated focus and success at meeting deadlines
- A capable team player but able to work independently and on own initiative
- Results focused and strong problem solving skills
- High level of integrity - understanding of the sensitivities of incentive and target data
- Degree level education or equivalent
- Highly IT literate, including extensive experience of MS Excel (including formulas, pivot tables and lookups) and PowerPoint
- Fluent in English
- Knowledge of another European language would be advantageous but is not essential