Here at Experis, one of our clients is looking to hire a Data Specialist Business Analyst for an initial 3 - 6 month contract based in London.
Due to the end client and project specifics, candidates must hold a valid SC Clearance.
Specific key responsibilities/experience
· Perform analysis of large data sets, to determine best options for handling data effectively and efficiently.
· Perform a series of functional tests on large data sets, and analyse results against a set of given metrics.
· Adapt and design a set of functional tests designed to assess the performance of algorithms and search technologies against large data sets.
· Review and analyse existing data structures and develop proposals for their optimization and improvement, particularly with regard to be reporting requirements.
General key responsibilities
· Deliver using appropriate agile methodologies, learning & iterating frequently
· Work with Product Owners to define roadmaps and translate this into high level themes and epics
· Work with User Researchers to understand the end customer (interviews, personas, empathy maps)
· Carry out analysis and help to generate options
· Ensure non-functional requirements are captured on the product backlog
· Partner with Dev and Test leads to translate epics into user stories and create testable scenarios and acceptance criteria for each
· Facilitate the flow of required information to Product Owners for prioritisation decisions
· Design and lead workshops for establishing user journeys and stories
· Play a lead role in sprint planning sessions by introducing and explaining stories where required
· Maintain the product backlog, both physically and digitally
· Form an effective communication bridge between the product and technical elements of the delivery team
· Seek to understand how the services, activities and strategies create value for the customer/end user and contribute to programme's priorities
· Maintain effective performance in difficult and challenging circumstances, encouraging others to do the same
· Establish relationships with a range of stakeholders to support delivery of business outcomes
· Actively participate in the Business Analyst community, sharing and re-applying skills and knowledge and bringing in best practice.
1. Must be experienced in relational database design, and reporting using standard tools such as Crystal Reports
2. Must be experienced in non-relational databases
3. Must be experienced in data analytics
4. Must have experience in the application of search technologies to large data sets
5. Proven experience using agile methodologies
6. Proven experience balancing multiple priorities and dealing with ambiguity
1. Preferably has experience using master data management software products, such as Informatica IIR/BDRM
2. Preferably experience as a DBA
Interested candidates should submit their CV in the first instance. Only short listed candidates can be contacted.