Data Scientist - (Python, R, Machine Learning, SQL)
Our client is an industry leading marketing organisation. They are looking for a Data Scientist (R/Python, Machine Learning, NLP) to join their successful and established Data Science team (team of 10).
Incredible offices based in central London, minutes from several of London's major tube stations.
Paying £60,000 - £80,000 dependant on experience, up to 25% bonus with additional benefits.
We are currently looking for a data scientist to join the Analytics team. The role will consist of responsibilities such as:
- Act as a data science expert within a team, advise other team members on best practice and the application of advanced analytical methods such as data munging, statistical data modelling and data mining using unstructured datasets.
- Conduct internal consultancy to advise and guide the Business on the best practice application of data analytics and data science.
- Have a keen awareness of the latest developments in data science and actively assess and develop any applications to the function.
- Liaise as directed with global Analytics teams to elicit analytics requirements, and work with them to deliver appropriate data analytics in an efficient way.
- Work proactively with teams to research areas where data science can add value to the wider business.
- Prepare detailed written and verbal reports, findings and presentations.
Skills & Background
- 2+ years of hands-on technical experience ESSENTIAL
- Data Mining & NLP
- Degree and/or relevant professional qualification and/or relevant consulting or industry expertise.
- Strong working knowledge of SQL.
- Proven commercial experience using R and/ or Python.
- Experience of implementing analytical algorithms (Machine Learning)
- Experience of working with large data sets and knowledge of unstructured data analysis.
- Passion for working with data to solve business problems.
- Experience within Marketing/Retail Industries is desirable.
- This role will face off to a wide variety of Stakeholders including Senior Executives so a professional demeanour and excellent communication skills are essential.
- Flexibility and adaptability to changing priorities is essential.
- Excellent sense of organisation, initiative and prioritisation of objectives, with the ability to balance multiple projects and other responsibilities.