Data Centre Network Engineer (SolarWinds, Documentation) - Bristol - Initial 3 month contract
Data Centre Network Engineer with strong SolarWinds and Project documentation skills required to join a multinational insurance company based in Bristol on an initial 3 month contract with the possibility of an extension.
The role requires strong SolarWinds and experience and documentation skills.
- Ability to undertake and drive assigned Network Project tasks individually and as part of the wider Core Network Engineering Team
- Ability to create and update relevant Project Documentation and facilitate handover of operational control to the Provisioning / Global Services Team post Project completion
Recent experience or working knowledge of:
- Broad level of knowledge about all technologies deployed in a high availability Network Data Centre environments. (Cisco NEXUS, F5, Checkpoint NGFW, Unified Comms, NAC/ISE, IPS/DDOS, Wi-Fi, Cisco Catalyst Series platforms inclusive of 65xx devices, ACE 20, FWSM, ASA, Solarwinds NSM, DCNM, CSM, ANM)
- Comprehensive understanding of a broad range of Network technologies and security topics
- Network Service orientation (the pleasure to deliver OTOBOS)
- Communication skills: Translate technical terms into customer language and explain risks
- Ability to write technical documentation and pass on relevant knowledge to others.
- Co-operative skills and the ability to engage with technical team structures and plans
- Ability and interest to work in a cultural challenging environment (Europe and Asia)
- Ability to build very effective network in the organisation
- Experienced technical and/or operational specialist with an excellent track record in DC Network and Security.
If this role is of interest to you please submit your CV in the first instance.