Cyber Security Compliance Specialist
Experis are currently recruiting for a Cyber Security Compliance Specialist for a Higher Education organisation based in the Midlands. The successful contractor will undertake a number of activities to support business wide Cyber security objectives and provide evidence-based assurance against internal standards and external contractual requirements. You will be responsible for creating, reviewing, and ensuring compliance with all IT policies.
- The creation and review of IT policies and providing assurance on compliance
- Conducting assurance reviews, and producing readily accessible, interpretable, and actionable outputs.
- Supporting the development and implementation of a Cyber Security Framework.
- Collecting and analysing data to provide an accurate view of the cyber security position and compliance with applicable contractual obligations.
- Working with key stakeholders to monitor their cyber security improvement plans.
- Producing reports for both technical and non-technical audiences
Skills & Qualifications
- Experience in writing and reviewing IT policies
- Understanding of Information Assurance and related activities
- Experience in conducting objective assurance reviews
- Knowledge of external Information Security standards and frameworks, such as: Cyber Essentials + and ISO 27001
- Broad experience in risk management and the application of risk management methodologies
- Information Security related degree or equivalent experience
Experience in producing and testing IT cyber security incident management plans
Relevant Cyber Security Qualifications including but not limited to:
- CompTIA - Security+
- Certificate in Information Security Management Principles (CISMP)
- Certificate Information Security Systems Professional (CISSP)