Our Client is looking for a Customer Support Engineer (Enhanced DBS) to join their team in Sunderland on an initial 3 month contract.
This role requires CRB/Enhanced DBS
Reporting to the Technical Services Contract Manager, the Customer Support Engineer is a member of a 1st/2nd Line Support Team which aims to provide an excellent IT Service. This is a customer facing role, dealing directly with end users, and tasked with meeting SLA's on all calls. The Customer Support Engineer will be expected to diagnose and resolve a wide range of Desktop software and hardware issues, as well as assisting with the provisioning of new hardware, moves, changes and a variety of Project work.
Strong technical, hands-on experience of software support is essential. Applicants should also have knowledge of printers, networking. It is paramount that the post holder has excellent customer facing skills and deals with customers with a courteous and positive approach.
Applicants must have at least 2 years' experience in a educational environment
- Provide excellent customer service
- Troubleshoot and resolve calls
- Maintain ownership of Incidents, ensuring regular updates are provided to the customer and resolution according to SLA's
- Escalate calls to 2nd/3rd line support
- Proven track record using and supporting Windows 7
- PC/Laptop hardware knowledge
- Printer and peripheral knowledge
- Active Directory
- Experience of Laptop/Desktop builds would be beneficial
Experience in some or all of the following is desirable:
- Windows Server 2012
- Backup exec 2012 Backup
- Office 365
- RM CC4
Interested candidates should submit their CV in the first instance.