Our Client, a leading IT Services Provider for Education, is looking for a Customer Support Engineer to join their team.
This is a contract position based in Hull running for an initial 4 weeks.
As this role will be based in a school, candidates must be willing to obtain Enhanced DBS checks.
- Experience of maintaining and supporting networks - Windows 7, email solutions such as Exchange, and Internet / Intranet access.
- Excellent working knowledge of Connect 4 networks, including installation, trouble shooting and issue resolution.
- Ability to problem solve and think creatively
- Ability to work effectively with personnel from different teams within the company
- Ability to manage workload effectively
- Excellent customer handling and inter-personal skills, including diagnostic questioning, and the ability to deal with difficult conflict situations
- Ability to cope with change and adapt quickly to a new and developing type of service delivery
- The ability to work proactively with good planning and organisation skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills and ability to communicate with all levels of customer base
- Target focused
- Good time management and punctuality
- A flexible approach to out of hours working
- A self-starter
- Familiar with spreadsheet and word processing packages to enable the production of reports and records
- Customer Focus
- Understands and adheres to customer care guidelines.
- Demonstrates core values and behaviours.
- Acts as a single point of contact for internal / external queries in their area
- Deals with / acts upon escalations for their area.
- Effectively delivers difficult messages to customers
- Role models the Company Customer Care Values and Behaviours and Communication Standards.
- Keeps customer informed of resolution progress in agreed timescales by appropriate media e.g. email, phone, service call notes, etc.
Day to Day Responsibilities
- Answering service desk calls
- 1st and 2nd line support
- Carrying out routine network management tasks including daily backups, anti-virus checking and other housekeeping tasks
- Respond to incidents logged by the customer
- Management of problems to resolution for any network and equipment failures covering software, hardware and infrastructure problems as defined by the service level agreement.
- Carry out hardware fault diagnosis, including the repair of IT systems, down to modular level and occasionally component level
- Ensure that all systems used to carry out work activities are updated on a real time basis including the completion of detailed and accurate call notes. Following the communication and escalation steps as outlined in process documentation.
- Know and understand the IT Service Delivery targets for the contract and be proactive in ensuring that these are achieved.
Interested candidates should submit their CV in the first instance. For more information please contact Gemma Grayson on 0161 924 3949.